- Monthly Virtual Diabetes Support Group on Zoom: A free, moderated discussion group for adults with pre-diabetes, diabetes, and their caregivers. Build skills for better management through interactive peer discussion and learning. Monthly Virtual Diabetes Support Group flyer (PDF)
- Monthly Virtual Mindful Eating Support Group on Zoom: A free, moderated discussion group to learn more about the benefits and practice of mindful eating. Monthly Virtual Mindful Eating Support Group (PDF)
- “NJ Empower to Prevent”: the CDC’s National Diabetes Prevention Program (NDPP): The NDPP is an evidence-based, lifestyle change program, shown to reduce the risk of developing diabetes. The year-long virtual program focuses on modest weight loss, healthy eating and physical activity, stress reduction, and healthy coping. Sessions will be enrolling in 2022. NJ Empower to Prevent program flier (PDF).
Find more information about eligibility for the program (PDF) on the CDC website or contact Sandra Grenci at email@example.com.
- Wellness Wednesdays: Join us on Wednesdays at 2 p.m. to learn from experts in the Department of Family & Community Health Sciences, Rutgers Cooperative Extension. All sessions are free, will last approximately 45 minutes, and will be provided via Zoom. To join, you will need either a computer, tablet, or smartphone with speakers. You must register to participate. Go to FCHS Wellness Wednesdays
Upcoming Events and Programs
Watch these informative presentations by Rutgers Cooperative Extension of Hunterdon County’s Family and Community Health Sciences Educator, Sandra Grenci, MS, RDN, LDN, CDCES
- July 27: Wellness Wednesdays with FCHS (Webinar)
Myths and Facts about Popular Diet Strategies
This webinar will present an overview of the research behind several popular weight loss diet strategies.
Presenter: Shailja Mathur, M.S., M.Ed., RDN and Sandra Grenci M.S.,RDN, CDCES